11.23.2008

Potty Stickers!!

Finally!!! Kayleigh and I worked so hard like over 2 weeks ago making her beautiful potty poster and going to Target to buy some special potty stickers. Each time she makes potty or poop in her big girl toilet she can pick a sticker to put on her poster. That dang poster has stayed blank...until now! Tonight Daddy read her Once Upon a Potty- like every night. Well when we were cuddling and I thought she was asleep she said, "I think I want to poop like Prudence on the potty." Heck yes! Probably a stalling technique to get out of going to bed, but whatever. She successfully peep and tried so hard to poop that I thought she was going to pull something. She picked out a Tinkerbell sticker and was so proud of herself. Daddy poured the pee down the toilet and she said "goodbye pee pee" and then she washed her hands, and was "a big girl, just like Prudence." Maybe this is the start of something. Keep your fingers crossed for me- this child has a mind of her own!
ps Is there a good way to clean those potty bowls? They totally gross me out. I was thinking antibacterial wipes? Josh brought it to the kitchen sink and used dish soap. Then almost brushed it clean with the dish brush! Seriously Josh- we wash the dishes with that- would you stick it in our toilet? It scares me to think what he does when I am not around.


5 comments:

Shannon said...

Yea Kayleigh!!!!!!!!!! I recommend the little seats that you put on the big potty. Much better than little potties.

Jamie Smith said...

I like the potty seats too. But the antibacterial wipes work well for the little potties. Good Job Kayleigh!!!

Rissy Roo said...

Yay for Kay Kay! Clorox wipes??

ktucker said...

God love Josh! At least he cleaned it out!! We also found that the seats that go on the big potty were better. Although, if she will do it on the little one, wipes are probably best. Soon enough she will see that having to dump it in the big one is kinda icky and would be really nice for mommy and daddy if she would use the big potty! Good Job Kayleigh!! Perhaps Jake and Mommy need to make a pretty poster and get some stickers, Good Job Mommy and Daddy!!!

TJ and LaChae Booth said...

I laughed out loud when I read your post. I think the same thing with TJ. But....hooray for Kayleigh! She's such a big girl! Good job...potty training stinks! Miss you and Love ya! LaChae:)