7.20.2009

Papa Joe

We celebrated Papa Joe's 63rd birthday on June 29th. Kayleigh had fun drawing his birthday card. The girls usually spend two days a week over there with Maggie and Papa. Kayleigh is always excited to go and never wants to leave. The day after his birthday he went in for a lung biopsy, he was diagnosed with cancer a few days prior. The procedure did not go as smoothly as hoped and he ended up in the hospital for some time. They removed the top half of his left lung, but it seems as though the cancer is gone. He is at home recovering. Kayleigh tells me that Papa got his broken lung fixed. I think it has been a period of adjustment for everyone. Taylor and Papa are pretty much inseparable and she is always in his arms. He is not able to lift her and I think they both really miss that. We know he is strong and will get through this. We love our Papa Joe!

Papa and his girls

Mean mommy trying to take away her paci




2 comments:

Jamie Smith said...

oh my gosh! I'm so sorry to hear that about Joe. I will pray for a speedy recovery.

Melissa said...

I'm so glad to hear he is doing better and that the cancer seems to be gone.