8.11.2010

First Day of School

My big girl started Kindergarten Prep today! As we were getting out of the car I told her I was going to take some pictures. “Seriously Mom! No one else is taking pictures! Do you have to?” So I first had to hide between two cars to take the first picture, and a “hurry no one is looking” for the second pic in front of the door. Once we got in class, she realized I wasn’t the only dorky mom! There were plenty of cameras. I was curios to see how she would do with me leaving. She has never had a problem when I leave her places, but it has only been with family members. She gave me a hug and kiss and didn’t flinch as I headed out the door. She was excited to see me when I came to get her. She was “too embarrassed” to talk about her day, but did say she had so much fun and had apples for a snack. When we got into the car I asked if there was somewhere special she would like to go for lunch. She responded, “No, I think I just want to go home and see my sister.” What the heck?! The rest of the afternoon they played great together! Turns out Kayleigh missed her pesky little sister! I am so excited to see the great things she learns!

034 036

037 038

2 comments:

Rissy Roo said...

Made me a little teary eyed. I remember the day she was born. Pre-K. Wow! Glad she is transitioning well.

The Montoyas said...

Super cute! I love that she missed her sister!!!!