12.13.2010

Kid of Character Award

Kayleigh got a very big award at school today. Every quarter one child is picked for the Character Counts award and this quarter is Kayleigh! The Kid of Character is a student who shows exceptional character by following directions, listening, respecting others, and being all around awesome! Only 4 students are picked per year and we could not be more proud! Kaykay just loves school. She has never complained about going (unlike soccer). I can’t believe how much she is learning while having fun and making great friends. She knows how to spell all the colors, write her name and all the letters, months of the year, day of the week, and a ton of things I don’t even know she knows! I love to volunteer in the classroom. I get to know the other kids and also see a different side of my girl. She is so calm and such a great student. She really pays attention and is ready to learn. The whole family was proud of her and showed up to watch Mrs Real present the award to her and then go to her favorite place- Chipotle. I bought her a dozen pink roses. One of the first things she said when she saw us was, “I’ve always wanted flowers form Fresh and Easy!”

  068 069 070 071  073 074 075   078

3 comments:

Rissy Roo said...

Good for you Kaykay! Looks like you had your whole team there cheering you on. You are one special little gal! xoxox

Shannon said...

Yeah Kayleigh!!!!!!

Melissa said...

She is so cute! You must be such a proud Momma!