
The time has come... my first baby is in a big girl bed! Little monkey learned how to climb out of her crib, so Daddy had to convert it into her toddler bed yesterday. She was really excited about it. She slept great last night. We put a mesh bed rail thing on the front because she is such a mover and would probably end up on the floor. She is "napping" right now. A few minutes ago I heard her shut her toy box that holds all of her blankets, so I went in and told her to stay in her bed. Her bed now has about eight blankets in it, but whatever! This all started because she was becoming the queen of stalling before bedtime. "Just one more book and I no cry," was what we heard about a dozen times. Then we would finally walk out of the room and she would scream her head off for more books. Well on Wed night as I was walking out of her room she proceeded to hop right out and I caught her half way out of her crib. She did this about three more times. I caved and read all her stinking books, so she would calm down and not break her neck trying to jump out. The next morning she told her Daddy, "I be naughty. I climb out of my crib. I cry like a baby. Mommy say no no. Kaykay say more books, more books. I be naughty!" She told us the story quite a few times. I would rather forget the screaming episode- I am sure there are more where that came from!
Follow up....So Kaykay walked around her dang room for just under 3 hours. She was nice and quiet, but no sleeping. All of her pj's from her drawer ended up in her bed! What a stinker, so much for today's nap!
1 comment:
What a little stinker!!! Right after Sydney turned 2 was when she started crawling out of her crib. You might want to think about a baby gate for Kayleigh's door so she can't escape in the middle of the night!
Post a Comment