9.23.2009

15 years ago...

...is when it all started. September 23, 2004. I remember it so clearly. I was watching My So Called Life (great show) at my bff Kristin Wallace's house. I talked to my dad on the phone and he said a boy named Josh called the house. Whatever Dad. He knew I had a huge crush on this boy Josh Thie, but of course had never talked to him on the phone. So he was obviously giving me a hard time. I get home later that night and my dad asks, "So what did Josh want?" Oh my god, he was serious! Josh really called!! Freaked out I immediately called Kristin-screamed with her a bit, then nervously called Josh. Turns out he had a crush on me and he asked me out! Which for everyone my age this means we are boyfriend/girlfriend, hung out in groups, talk on the phone, you know "going out." The next night we went to St Tim's carnival with all our friends. We held hands and he went on a spinning ride, which I later found out he despises spinning rides and felt really sick. He also won me this ugly little (like can fit in the palm of my hand little) orange dog stuffed animal. It probably cost like $10 worth of carnival games, but I still have it. We talked on the phone for like 5 hours that night, then another 5 hours the next night. We could not get enough of each other. We have been through junior high, high school, college, weddings, and children together. Has not always been an easy road, but one I would not change for the world. I do have boxes of pictures from 15 years ago, but they are all in the garage and there is only so much I can get done at nap time. So you get some pictures from our wedding (5 1/2 years ago) which are already on my computer. Maybe one day I will scan all those old photos. Anyway, kind of a memory filled day.

No comments: