10.27.2009

Pig Sty

We had a pig flu invasion this week! We were driving home from the cabin Sunday afternoon and the girls were fine one minute, the next minute were tired, whiny, and a little coughing started. By 4:30pm both girls were lethargic and passed out on the couch. My girls do not fall asleep easily. Especially when family is over and we were having pizza and wings. I knew this was more than tired from a busy weekend and they were getting sick. We put them to bed early, hoping they would be better in the morning but knowing it would probably get worse. First thing Monday morning we took them into the Doctor. Both girls tested positive for H1N1 and we started tamiflu. It was a rough day. The girls did not want to eat or really even move. Kayleigh had stomach aches and diarrhea, both girls were congested. If I put Taylor down to even use the restroom poor babe would cry and cough so hard she would throw up or gag. Tuesday morning Josh and I woke up feeling just as awful, went back to the dr, tested positive and we started Tamiflu. It was a long long week!!! It would not have been too bad just being sick, but trying to be sick parents to sick kids is really really hard. Kayleigh was getting back to herself by Friday. I think Taylor starting laughing and playing again Saturday night. Josh and I were pretty good by Monday. To say the girls were clingy would be an understatement. I had to keep changing my shirt every few hours, it was wet with snot, drool, and/or vomit. I love being a mom! I am so glad it is over and we are done with it and don't need to debate the vaccine. We survived the swine!
This is our only picture from the week. We were a scary looking group that did not need to be photographed!

No comments: