We spent three wonderful days up at the cabin in Happy Jack. It was a much needed little vacation. Carrie and Jared invited us up. It is Carrie's company cabin. The drive up was nice with all the trees. Kayleigh asked, "Mommy, why are we driving in the jungle?" This was definitely my idea of camping. The cabin is a beautiful three story log cabin in the middle of the woods with a wrap around porch, nice kitchen, fireplace, beds, and showers! We watched NO TV for three days. I loved this!! I get so sick of noggin and sprout- this was a great break. We hiked, had a campfire, ate yummy food, danced to the Beatles, and best of all spent time with family.

Taylor and I snug-a-bugging in the hammock outside.

Papa Mike and Kaykay falling off the hammock!



Taylor's favorite game is to pretend like she is sleeping. She makes a snoring sound, then yells, "Wake Up!"

Uncle Jared and Addison.

Having fun at the camp fire!


Kaykay kept saying, "Everything tastes better when you're camping!" Which we later realized is a quote from one of her movies.

Making the perfect smore!

Eating the perfect smores!


Kayleigh loves to paint. The view behind her was the perfect inspiration.

We hiked down to the bottom of this beautiful reservoir.
Gpa hiked down holding Taylor. I hiked up with her and yes I felt the burn.


This ferocious snake tried to attack Josh. It brushed right next to him. We feared for our lives. (That is not a cigarette next to him- but something much much larger.)

Papa Mike taught Kayleigh how to skip rocks.


That hike exhausted little Addie!


The girls just love Addie. I think Taylor gave her a hundred kisses a day. Addie is getting more used to their loud noises also.

We went on hike around the cabin both days. Kayleigh peed in the woods for the first time- I did not post that picture.

Kayleigh's favorite place is outside. She loves to explore, look at animals, and play around.

We had a great time! Thank you to Carrie and Jared for inviting us. Thank you also the Gma Lisa and Gpa Mike for all the great food and fun!
4 comments:
It was a wonderful weekend. We are so glad that you guys were able to come up there with us!
That looks like so much fun! That's my idea of "camping" too. Your girls are so beautiful!
What a wonderful weekend. The girls sure love the outdoors (and smores)! Imagine...a whole weekend without TV!
Sounds like the much needed respite after your encounter with the mexican pigs!
Post a Comment