Kayleigh is a big breakfast person. I got this recipe for Monkey Bread from a friend at work a few weeks ago and have been meaning to try it. This morning Kayleigh and I woke up really early, so ventured out in the rain to the grocery store for ingredients. She helped me make everything and loved being my helper. It was full of cream cheese, walnuts, sugar, brown sugar, butter...just a healthy meal! So we put it in the over and could not wait to enjoy. After a few minutes, I hear Kaykay "Mommy! Look at all the smoke in the kitchen. Is the house on fire?" Probably because that is how well I cook. It said to use some fluted whatever pan, as if I had that. So I put it in my cheese cake spring thing pan. Apparently that was the wrong choice. Some of the sugary juices drained out and started quite the smoke plume in my kitchen. I just put a baking sheet under and it helped. The finished product was wonderful. So yummy and obviously easy if I were able to do it and not start a true fire.
1.18.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Looks yummy!
Looks like it came right out of the Williams-Sonoma catalog!
Post a Comment