8.02.2010

Greer

My wonderful parents rented a cabin for the whole family up in Greer! It was the perfect little getaway. Sometimes with kids, you need a vacation after your vacation. This was truly a relaxing vacation. The cabin was beautiful. It was right next to a creek and had a nice spa on the patio. We enjoyed spending time with our family. We hiked, fished, played cards, ate, read, slept, watched movies, and just enjoyed each others company.

032 1 031

This was our bedroom…

036

The master bath…

038

View from our patio… 

040

Notice the sharp poker! My dad improvised without a wine opener. I thought he was going to lose an eye, but worse he spilled some wine.

046056 058 065 075

077 080 083

084

086 089

Did I mention all the smores……

090 093 091 097 096

There was a sign at the beginning of the hike that said bears are afraid of loud noises. Kayleigh decided it would be her job to periodically growl and yell to scare away the bears.

100 103 104 108 112  116120

I think one of Taylor’s favorite parts of the trip was getting to share a bed! I usually made Josh sleep with her and I would sleep with Kayleigh. Tay is just such a cuddler that she would nestle herself under you and be as close as she possibly could. So cute, but I move around way too much to be that close.

123

Thank you Gma Lisa and Papa Mike for a wonderful vacation. We loved every second of it!

1 comment:

Rissy Roo said...

Haha...that is the same thing with Luke...he has to sleep with Bryan, who doesn't move. Looks like a WONDERFUL trip that was well deserved for all of you. A vacation to do nothing is the best!